Fawn Fire Resources

Please review the following sections to find resources for Fire Survivors of the Fawn Fire. More resources will be added to this list as they are connected to 2-1-1.

  • If you prefer help from a 2-1-1 contact specialist, call 2-1-1, or 855-211-7822. Or text your zip code to 898-211.



Primary Resources

  • American Red Cross: Provides help with basic needs and assistance throughout the recovery process (including how to file claims for loss and damage reimbursement, and information about rebuilding assistance). Anyone who was displaced from their home due to a fire is encouraged to contact the Red Cross. Call 800-733-2767 (800-REDCROSS).
  • Northern Valley Catholic Social Services: NVCSS – Crisis Outreach Program
  • Shasta County Owner-occupied Housing Rehabilitation: Provides loans for low-income homeowners in unincorporated areas of Shasta County to help with home repairs. Call 530-225-5160.


Clothing and Household Items

Property Cleanup

  • State Consolidated Debris Removal Program: Provides comprehensive debris removal, hazard tree removal, and environmental cleanup services to property owners at no out-of-pocket cost. To enroll in the program, property owners must submit a Right-of-Entry Permit to their county government. For more information, see Flyer.
  • County of Shasta: Provides resources for recent wildfires in Shasta County.

Financial Assistance

  • United Way of Northern California:
    • Wildfire Response: Provides immediate one-time financial relief up to $500 per household that sustained 50% or more of damage. The residence must be primary residence. Apply online at norcalunited.co/immediaterelief.
    • RV Assistance Program: Provides partial RV rental assistance, up to 6 months. Contact Theresa Azevedo 530-604-3306.
  • Northern Valley Catholic Social Services: Providing gas, groceries and various types of gift cards and other services. NVCSS – Crisis Outreach Program
  • California Teachers Association (CTA): Provides financial assistance to CTA members who have experienced significant losses due to disasters in California. Apply online at www.ctamemberbenefits.org/drf.
  • Small Business Administration (SBA): Provides low-interest disaster loans to help non-farm businesses of all sizes, private nonprofits, homeowners, and renters recover from declared disasters. SBA can also lend additional funds to help with the cost of improvements to protect, prevent or minimize the same type of disaster damage from occurring in the future. Apply online at disasterloanassistance.sba.gov/ela/s/. Or call 800-659-2955 (Mon-Fri, 5am-5pm). Deadline January 7, 2022.
  • Nation’s Finest: Serving Veterans. Nation’s Finest – Veterans’ Services.

Insurance Assistance

  • Legal Services of Northern California: Provides legal assistance to fire survivors facing legal issues related to the fire and who are unable to afford a lawyer. Legal assistance may include issues regarding: impact of fire on job, disaster-related public benefits for families impacted by the fires, landlord issues, working with mortgage lender in the event of a total or partial loss, personal property damage, and other expenses related to the fire. Call 800-822-9687 Mon-Thu, 9-11:45am and 1-5pm, or their Redding office at 530-241-3565 Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri 9-11:45am and 1-3pm. lsnc.net/office/redding. See flyer: LSNC Legal Aid Wildfire Disaster Relief.
  • Tenants Together: Provides information about tenant rights after a natural disaster. FAQ: actionnetwork.org/user_files/user_files/000/036/134/original/Fires_FAQs_English_Spanish_2018.pdf. Website: www.tenantstogether.org. Tenant Rights Hotline: 888-495-8020.

Additional Resources and Information