Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is caused by a new coronavirus first identified in Wuhan, China, in December 2019. Because it is a new virus, scientists are learning more each day. Although most people who have COVID-19 have mild symptoms, COVID-19 can also cause severe illness and even death. Some groups, including older adults and people who have certain underlying medical conditions, are at increased risk of severe illness.
- On March 19, 2020, an Executive Order (PDF) and Public Health Order (PDF) directed all Californians to stay home except to go to an essential job or to shop for essential needs.
- For all current restrictions, please see: About COVID-19 restrictions.
- California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response: covid19.ca.gov
- Hotline: 833-422-4255
- California Department of Public Health:
- English: www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/nCOV2019
- En Español – Para obtener información en español, visite la página: www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/nCoV2019_Spanish.aspx
- Information from the White House, CDC and FEMA:
- Homeland Security: www.dhs.gov/coronavirus/coronavirus-news-updates
Coping with Covid-19:
- Stress and Coping: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/stress-coping/index.html
- Support for those with Addictions: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/other-at-risk-populations/people-who-use-drugs/QA.html
- Parental Resources Kit: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/parental-resource-kit/index.html
- Hotlines, Warm lines and Resources for Emotional Support: covid19.ca.gov/resources-for-emotional-support-and-well-being
- UCLA FREE mindfulness app: https://www.uclahealth.org/marc/ucla-mindful-app
- ACEs Aware Stress Management: https://www.acesaware.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/ACEs-Aware-Stress-Management-Resource-List.pdf
- California: www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/nCOV2019
- United States: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html
- Live Map: coronavirus.jhu.edu/us-map