- Free Plants for Fire Recovery at Shasta College, Saturday, March 20th.
- Please see: 2021_03_15_PR_Horticulture Give Away
Scroll down to view Categories of FREE services and items available to those affected by the Carr Fire.
Primary Agencies Available to Help
- NorCal Community Recovery Team (CRT): Long term recovery group developed to help Shasta County residents impacted by the Carr Fire. Assesses unmet recovery needs in the community that still exist after initial federal assistance and community support have been distributed. Although case manager services ended as of August 4, 2020, one is still encouraged to contact with any unmet needs. Please call 530-222-2207 and ask for Teri Lewis.
- Shasta County Housing and Community Action Programs: NEW, as of October 2020, provides no-interest loans to assist eligible homeowners with repairing, reconstructing, or replacing your home with a manufactured home. These funds are for homes damaged or destroyed in the Carr Fire. See flyer for details: Cal home DR flyer.
- Emergency Disaster Services Specialist: Available to help Carr and Delta Fire survivors with items such as new furniture, grocery gift cards, rent deposit, utilities and other unmet needs. For an appointment, call Teri Lewis at 530-222-2207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Carr Furnishings: Accepting donations of furniture to provide for any fire survivors in the Redding area. For details, see their Facebook page: www.facebook.com/carrfurnishings.
- Legal Services of Northern California: Disaster survivors facing legal issues related to the fires and who are unable to afford a lawyer may call a legal hotline at 800-822-9687, Mon-Fri 9am-5pm. Those impacted by the recent fires can also contact Legal Services of Northern California’s Redding office by phone Mon-Fri 9am-5pm at 530-241-3565. Legal assistance may include issues regarding: impact of fire on job, disaster-related public benefits for families impacted by the fires, landlord issues, working with your mortgage lender in the event of a total or partial loss, personal property damage, and other expenses related to the fire. For more details, please view: Free Legal Assistance.
- Shastareddingrecovers.org: Visit shastareddingrecovers.org. Click the “Debris Removal” icon.
- Asbestos awareness: www.asbestos.com/asbestos/natural-disasters
- Shastareddingrecovers.org: Provides tips and resources on how to reduce the risk of flooding and mudslides on properties in the wildfire burned areas. Visit shastareddingrecovers.org. Click the “Get Rain Ready” icon.
- SBA (Small Business Administration) Disaster Loans: For both homeowners and renters, if your insurance, or funding from FEMA, does not fully cover the disaster assistance you need, you can use disaster loans for a number of purposes, including landscaping for disaster mitigation (using straw). For more information, and to apply, visit: www.sba.gov/funding-programs/disaster-assistance. Or call: 800-659-2955.
- Shasta County Housing and Community Action Programs: Provides low-interest loans to qualified (low-income) homeowners for rehabilitation of residential property in the unincorporated areas of Shasta County. Deferred payments available. For more information please contact Wendy at 530-245-6433 or email email@example.com.
- City of Redding Housing Division: Home-Owner Rehabilitation Program provides low-interest loans to qualified (low-income) homeowners for rehabilitation of residential property in the City of Redding. Deferred payment loans are available for adults with disabilities and older adults, with principal and interest due upon transfer of title. For more information please contact Mark Christ at 530-245-7136 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rebuilding and Manufactured Homes
- Rebuilding Process: The City of Redding Building Division has produced simple step-by-step guides for residents planning to rebuild homes that were destroyed or damaged by the Carr Fire at shastareddingrecovers.org. Click the “Rebuilding” icon.
- Shasta County Housing and Community Action Programs: As of October 2020, provides no-interest loans to assist eligible homeowners with repairing, reconstructing, or replacing your home with a manufactured home. These funds are for homes damaged or destroyed in the CARR Fire. See flyer for details: Cal home DR flyer.
- Emergency Disaster Services Specialist: Offers rent deposit assistance for any fire survivors. Rental agreement is required, and process takes 7-10 days. Can also help connect to trailers that are donated (as available). Call Teri Lewis at 530-222-2207 or email email@example.com.
- Veterans Resource Center: 153 Hartnell Ave #100, Redding. Available to help Veterans find permanent housing. Mon-Fri 8am-5pm. 530-223-3211.
- City of Redding Housing Choice Voucher Program: Provides rental assistance to very-low income, eligible applicants. Preference is given to seniors, people with disabilities, and families who live or work within the City of Redding. The Housing Choice Voucher Program wait list for the City of Redding is currently open. Visit website for details and to apply: www.cityofredding.org/departments/housing-division/redding-housing-authority.
- Shasta County Down Payment Assistance Program (DAP): Offers first-time (low-income) homebuyers (in unincorporated areas of Shasta County) with down payments and closing costs. Call Wendy at 530-245-6433 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- City of Redding Homebuyer Program: Offers home purchase programs to assist low-income families or individuals purchase a home within the city limits of Redding. For details, visit: www.cityofredding.org/home/showdocument?id=11019. Or contact Chad Neilson at 530-225-4173 or email@example.com.
Emotional and Spiritual Care
- Emotional & Spiritual Care Providers: Several organizations have joined together to provide emotional and spiritual care. Please contact Stephen Campbell to request their one-on-one services: 530-223-0454.
The City of Redding and County of Shasta partnered to develop a web page
dedicated to the Carr and Delta wildfire recovery. The website is www.shastareddingrecovers.org.
Are you interested in DONATING to agencies that help Fire Survivors?
Please click HERE.
Are we missing any local resources that you know of?
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
General fire incident information can be viewed at: 211norcal.org/carr-fire-incident