- National Weather Service:
Winter Weather preparation and resources
- Shasta County Public Health Press Release 12/29/21: ExtremeColdSafetyV1_20211229
- Shasta County Public Health Press Release 12/16/21: ExtremeColdSafety20211216
- DisasterAssistance.gov provides a number of winter-related resources available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, FEMA’s Ready.gov, the National Weather Service and the American Red Cross to help you prepare for and recover from severe winter weather HERE.
- Emergency Preparedness LISTOS: 211norcal.org/emergency-preparedness
Flood preparation and resources
- Remember to Turn around, don’t drown! A mere 6 inches of fast-moving flood water can knock over an adult. It takes just 12 inches of rushing water to carry away most cars and just 2 feet of rushing water can carry away SUVs and trucks. It is NEVER safe to drive or walk into flood waters.
- Flood preparation, response and recovery information: www.redcross.org/prepare/disaster/flood.
- In the case of a power outage, please contact your power company for updates.
- For PG&E updates or to sign up for alerts, go to: m.pge.com/#outages. Or call 800-743-5000.
- CalTrans: For local highway conditions, visit www.dot.ca.gov/d2 (you can also download QuickMap app on phone). Twitter: twitter.com/CaltransD2. Or call 530-225-3426.
Reporting and concerns
- Shasta County Sheriff’s Office: 530-245-6000 (24/7) or Shasta County Public Works: 530-225-5661 (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm) to report outside City of Redding.
- City of Redding: For ways to report any issues please see www.cityofredding.org/departments/city-of-redding-emergency.
- Redding Police Department non-emergency: 530-225-4564 (24/7) or City of Redding Public Works: 530-224-6068 (Mon-Fri 7am-3pm; after hours answering service) to report inside City of Redding.
- Shascom non-emergency: 530-245-6540.
- In the case of an emergency call 9-1-1.
Places to go to stay warm
- Good News Rescue Mission: All are welcome to sit in their chapel during the day, and/or stay in their shelter at night. 3100 S. Market Street, Redding. 530-241-5754.
- Public Libraries: Find your closest public library HERE.
Damage to Home
- If your home becomes uninhabitable due to weather conditions, call American Red Cross: 855-891-7325. Provides immediate emergency response services such as shelter, food, clothing, and supplies to those affected by local disasters. Also provides information about how to file claims for loss and damage reimbursement, and information about rebuilding assistance.
If you need further assistance, please call 2-1-1 or text your zip code to 898-211. In the case of an emergency, please call 9-1-1.