MOUNTAIN FIRE – GENERAL FIRE INFORMATION:
CAL FIRE crews responded to a vegetation fire reported 8/22/19, at 11:04am, in the area of Bear Mountain Road and Dry Creek Road in Bella Vista. On Saturday (8/24) at 5pm all evacuations and road closures were lifted. As of Monday evening (8/26) the Fire had burned 600 acres and was 100% contained.
- 8/24/19, 5pm CAL FIRE advisory: MOUNTAIN 08-24-2019 ADVISORY
- 8/26/19, 7am CAL FIRE incident update: MOUNTAIN 08-26-19 AM
- 8/26/19, 5pm CAL FIRE incident update FINAL: MOUNTAIN 08-26-19 PM FINAL
- 9/3/19, Boil water advisory cancelled for Jones Valley: Jones Valley BWA Cancellation 2019-09-03
ASSISTANCE FOR EVACUEES:
- People whose homes were damaged due to the fire should first contact the Red Cross. The Red Cross sets up claims and directs to programs that can help in this time of need, such as for gas cards, food and clothing. Call 844-236-0153.
- Bethel Global Response is available to assist property owners with sifting and ash-outs. Call 530-246-6000, x 4151 or email email@example.com.
- Airbnb has activated its Open Homes host community between August 23 and September 13 to help evacuees and/or emergency responders find no cost accommodations in and around Shasta county: www.airbnb.com/mountainfireca. View flyer here: Airbnb for Mountain Fire evacuees
- Pet Rescue and Reunification Facebook group for those missing pets as a result of the fire: www.facebook.com/groups/CarrFirePets. If one is missing a pet, they may complete a “Lost” report and do a walk-though at Haven Humane Society, open Monday through Saturday, 11am-4pm. If one has found a pet, call Animal Regulation to complete a “Found” report: 530-241-2550.
OFFICIAL FIRE INFORMATION:
- CAL FIRE: www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/2019/8/22/mountain-fire/
- Twitter: twitter.com/CALFIRESHU, twitter.com/shastasheriff, and #MountainFire
- Facebook: #MountainFire
SIGN UP FOR ALERTS:
- CodeRED: Public safety agencies encourage Shasta County residents to register your cell phone with CodeRED so that you can be notified of an emergency situation, such as for evacuations during a fire. (Landlines are automatically notified, but cell phones are not – until you register.) Visit website: www.shascom911.com.