***Last updated Saturday, 8/17/19, 7:17pm***
COTTAGE FIRE – GENERAL FIRE INFORMATION:
Thursday afternoon, 8/15/19, Cal Fire had multiple crews responding to three fires in the area of Dersch Road and Hyrax Road near Millville. Two of the fires merged. Forward progress was stopped later in the afternoon. As of Saturday evening, the Cottage Fire is fully contained.
8/17/19, 7pm, Press Release from CAL FIRE: Cottage 08-17-2019 PM
OFFICIAL FIRE INFORMATION:
- CAL FIRE: www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/2019/8/15/cottage-fire/
- Twitter: twitter.com/CALFIRESHU, twitter.com/shastasheriff, or #CottageFire
NEWS MEDIA LINKS:
FIRE VICTIM ASSISTANCE:
- People who find themselves displaced or evacuated from their homes due to the fire should first contact the Red Cross. The Red Cross will help set up a claim and direct to programs that can help in this time of need. Call 844-236-0153.
- Fire victims who have been displaced from their homes are encouraged to register at: safeandwell.communityos.org. The American Red Cross Safe and Well Website is a way for people affected by a disaster to enter information regarding their welfare so that family and friends can check their status.
What to bring with you when you evacuate (time permitting):
- Your identification
- Your medications/prescriptions
- Any important documents you might have or need (birth certificates, marriage certificates, insurance policies etc.)
- Any emergency supplies you need, including food and water for a minimum of three days
- Clothes and toiletries
- Pets and pet supplies
For additional ideas regarding supplies and other ways to prepare, please visit: