CDC is responding to a pandemic of respiratory disease spreading from person-to-person caused by a novel (new) coronavirus (COVID-19) first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China. This situation poses a serious public health risk. The federal government is working closely with state, local, tribal, and territorial partners, as well as public health partners, to respond to this situation. COVID-19 can cause mild to severe illness; most severe illness occurs in older adults. The best way to prevent and slow down transmission is be well informed about the COVID-19 virus, the disease it causes and how it spreads.
Message from California Governor Newsom 3/19/20:
- Gov. Newsom announced California is issuing a statewide, mandatory STAY AT HOME order. Those that work in critical sectors should go to work. Grocery stores, pharmacies, banks and more will stay open. To learn more, visit: covid19.ca.gov.
- California Department of Public Health: www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/nCOV2019
- En Español – Para obtener información en español, visite la página: www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/nCoV2019_Spanish.aspx
- California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response: covid19.ca.gov
- CDC Information: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov
- California: www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/nCOV2019
- United States: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html
- Live Map: gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6