(Last updated 9/30/2020, 10:30 pm)
As of 9/29/20, all evacuation warnings have been lifted.
- Shasta-Trinity NF has closed their side of the Fox Fire. Including a section the PCT. Closed trails: Saloon Creek, Wolford, Telephone Lake, Pacific Crest, East Fork Saloon Creek, Saloon Tie, East Boulder Lake, Bloody Run. Check: www.fs.usda.gov/goto/stnf/forestorders
- The Klamath National Forest remains closed through Sept. 30, 2020.
GENERAL FIRE INFORMATION:
The #FoxFire was discovered on the Klamath National Forest on September 14, 2020 and is burning west of Callahan, California.
SIGN UP FOR ALERTS:
- CodeRED Emergency Alert System: Public safety agencies encourage Siskiyou County residents to register your cell phone with CodeRED so that you can be notified of an emergency situation, such as for evacuations during a fire. (Landlines are automatically notified, but cell phones are not – until you register.) Visit website for information and to register: www.co.siskiyou.ca.us/emergencyservices/page/codered-emergency-alert-system.
What to bring with you when you evacuate (time permitting):
- Your identification
- Your medications/prescriptions
- Any important documents you might have or need (birth certificates, marriage certificates, insurance policies etc.)
- Any emergency supplies you need, including food and water for a minimum of three days
- Clothes and toiletries
- Pets and pet supplies
- Please see: fires.airfire.org/outlooks/NWCalifornia