GENERAL FIRE INFORMATION:
7/28/20: Firefighting efforts are concentrated on the Doolittle Fire in the Happy Camp/Oak Knoll Ranger District located on Doolittle Creek, approximately 2 1/2 miles northwest of Happy Camp.
Find official information and updates at:
- Website: inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/6887
- Twitter: twitter.com/Klamath_NF
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/KlamathNF
- The evacuation warning was lifted on 7/30/20.
SIGN UP FOR ALERTS:
- CodeRED Emergency Alert System: Public safety agencies encourage Siskiyou County residents to register your cell phone with CodeRED so that you can be notified of an emergency situation, such as for evacuations during a fire. (Landlines are automatically notified, but cell phones are not – until you register.) Visit website for information and to register: www.co.siskiyou.ca.us/emergencyservices/page/codered-emergency-alert-system.
What to bring with you when you evacuate (time permitting):
- Your identification
- Your medications/prescriptions
- Any important documents you might have or need (birth certificates, marriage certificates, insurance policies etc.)
- Any emergency supplies you need, including food and water for a minimum of three days
- Clothes and toiletries
- Pets and pet supplies
FIRE VICTIM ASSISTANCE:
- People who find themselves displaced or evacuated from their homes due to the fire should first contact the Red Cross. The Red Cross will help set up a claim and direct to programs that can help in this time of need. Call 844-236-0153.
- Fire victims who have been displaced from their homes are encouraged to register at: safeandwell.communityos.org. The American Red Cross Safe and Well Website is a way for people affected by a disaster to enter information regarding their welfare so that family and friends can check their status.