***Last updated Tuesday, 3/31/20, 12:36 pm. Please note: This is a rapidly changing situation, and we at 2-1-1 NorCal are working to share information as we are updated from our colleagues and agencies at the county, state and/or federal level. You can also receive updates to this information by texting “Coronavirus” to 211-211: Text Coronavirus Graphic.
At A Glance
- Tehama County Public Health: www.tehamacohealthservices.net/services/communicable-diseases/
- 3/31/20 – Tehama County Sheriff: JIC press release COVID 19 033120
- 3/30/20 – Tehama County Sheriff: JIC press release COVID 19 033020
- 3/27/20 – Tehama County Sheriff: JIC PR COVID 19 032720
- 3/26/20 – Tehama County Public Health: PSA CoronaVirus 20 03-26-2020 English
- 3/26/20 – Tehama County Sheriff: JIC PR COVID 19 032620
- 3/23/20 – Tehama County Sheriff: JIC PR COVID 19 03232020
- 3/20/20 – Tehama County Sheriff: PSA CoronaVirus 20 03-20-2020 TCSO
- 3/20/20 – Tehama County Public Health: PSA CoronaVirus 20 03-20-2020
- VOAD COVID-19 Food Response: Provides food delivery to isolated seniors (ages 60+), people with disabilities, and those who are medically vulnerable within Shasta and Tehama County. Food items are non-specific, non-perishable, dry-good food items. No substitutions are available. Pet food is offered as available. Deliveries are scheduled for Monday through Friday, 9am-12noon. To request delivery, fill out the form at this link: https://bit.ly/2vIcYwo.
Free Drive-thru meals for ages 18 and under are available at locations in Tehama County. Please view the following flyer:
- 2-1-1 Tehama: Lists food pantries and other food programs at 211norcal.org/tehama/search/food. Please note that resources listed may be limited during this time. Check back later as resources are updated due to Coronavirus response.
School age children and teens (& parents/caregivers):
- Tehama County Office of Education: www.tehamaschools.org
- School Closures: All Tehama County public schools closed starting 3/16/20 or 3/17/20. Please call your child’s school or school district directly, or visit websites to connect with your student’s needs.
Young children ages 0-5 (& parents/caregivers):
- Sesame Street: Care, Cope, Connect – first5association.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/SSTCareCopeConnect.pdf.
- Other activities can be found at: https://sesamestreetincommunities.org/
- The Right Way to Sneeze! – www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW1yodZJpG8
- KIXE-TV PBS: Offering a weekly Story Time, Thursdays at 9am on Facebook – www.facebook.com/KIXETV9
Medical Professionals, First Responders, and Essential Service Providers:
- CDC Information for Healthcare Professionals: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/hcp/index.html
- Self-Care: Coping with the Challenges of Public Health Emergency Work
Missing Work due to COVID-19:
- Employment Development Department: Provides a variety of support services to individuals and businesses affected by COVID-19 in California (including Disability Insurance Claims and Paid Family Leave Claims). Situations can include reduced work hours or missing work to care for a sick or quarantined relative with COVID-19 or a child being home from school due to COVID-19 school closures.
- Find information at: edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronavirus-2019.htm.
- Employment Opportunities: Many local grocery stores are hiring to meet the demand for goods amid coronavirus concerns. Stores include Costco, Food Maxx, Raley’s and Holiday Market.
- Small Business Administration: Providing low-interest loans to small businesses and non-profits that have been severely impacted by COVID-19. www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources
- Small Business Development Center: Offering help with small business loans – www.sbdcsc.org/covid-19.
- Superior Economic Development Center: Provides resources for business owners. www.scedd.org/about/coronavirus-resources.
Mental Health support:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/managing-stress-anxiety.html
- World Health Organization (WHO): mental-health-considerations
- 2-1-1 Tehama: Lists Mental Health resources at 211norcal.org/tehama/search/mental-health. Please note, many Please note that many of the services listed may be limited during this time. Check back later as resources are updated due to Coronavirus response. Many counseling centers may be offering counseling by phone or video – contact them for details.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- What to do if you are sick: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/steps-when-sick.html
- Caring for someone who is sick: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/care-for-someone.html
- CDC – Symptom checker available online: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/index.html
- Dignity Health: Offers free Virtual Care visits for mild COVID-19 symptoms available online
- 2-1-1 Tehama: Lists Health Care resources at 211norcal.org/tehama/search/health. Please note many local health care agencies have recommendations for patients, including options such as over-the-phone visits. Check with your health care provider for details.
- 3/27/20, President Trump signed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES
) Act, which includes Direct Payments to Americans, Unemployment and Small Business Loans:
- For a summary, please see: COVID-19 CARES Act Summary
- Fraud: Be aware that criminals are attempting to exploit COVID-19 worldwide through a variety of scams. For more information, including how to report, go to www.justice.gov/coronavirus.
- Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD): Suspended evictions and foreclosures 60 days (from 3/18/20). www.hud.gov/press/press_releases_media_advisories/HUD_No_20_042.
- PG&E: moratorium on service disconnections
for non-payment. PG&E News Release 3.12.20.
- Taxes: Tax day has been extended from April 15th to July 15th. For details, see www.irs.gov/coronavirus.
- 2-1-1 Tehama: Lists a variety of resources for those in need, including for food pantries, clothing resources and rent payment assistance (when available). Go to 211tehama.org to search by category. Please note that many of the services listed may be limited during this time. Check back later as resources are updated due to Coronavirus response.
- Free movies via library: tehamacountylibrary.kanopy.com/. For more information and updates on services please visit the Tehama County Friends of the Library Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/TCFoL/ or call 530-527-0604.