Important Press Releases
- From Office of Emergency Services 2/17/19: OES 021719 NEWS RELEASE
- From Office of Emergency Services 2/15/19: OES 021519 NEWS RELEASE
- Storm Debris Disposal 2/15/19: Press Release – Storm Debris
- From Office of Emergency Services 2/14/19: OES 021419 NEWS RELEASE
- Sandbag Locations 2/13/19: Sandbag Locations 2-13-2019
- Carbon Monoxide Warning 2/13/19: Carbon Monoxide warning 2-13-2019
Places to go to stay warm
- Redding Library hours are Mon-Thu 10am-8pm, Fri-Sat 10am-6pm, Sun 1-5pm. Located at 1100 Parkview, Redding. View other public libraries HERE.
- Good News Rescue Mission is open to all regardless of its 30 day on and off rule due to severe weather. Located at 3100 S. Market St., Redding.
- Red Cross Shelter at the Shasta District Fairgrounds closed Sunday, 2/17/19, at noon.
- For power outage information please contact your power company: REU 530-743-5000, PG&E 800-743-5000, Shasta Dam Area Public Utility 530-275-7400.
- Visit krcrtv.com for updates on power restoration.
- Redding Electric Utility customers: 530-245-7000 to report fallen power line or 530-339-7200 for transformer issue.
- Please do not call 9-1-1 for power outage information. 9-1-1 is being inundated with calls. Only call 9-1-1 if you have a life threatening emergency and need immediate assistance.
General Winter Weather related resources
- Shasta County Health and Human Services Agency offers tips for Extreme Cold Safety HERE.
- Shastareddingrecovers.org provides tips and resources on how to reduce the risk of flooding and mudslides on properties in the wildfire burned areas. Visit shastareddingrecovers.org. Click the “Get Rain Ready” icon.
- DisasterAssistance.gov provides a number of winter-related resources available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, FEMA’s Ready.gov, the National Weather Service and the American Red Cross to help you prepare for and recover from severe winter weather HERE.