If you would like to donate to survivors of the Carr or Delta Fire, the best way is through donating money (and gift cards) to trusted organizations. Monetary donations are easier to manage than physical items and provide the means to purchase the exact items in need. Please utilize trusted organizations for monetary donations to avoid potential scams.
Organizations accepting donations:
- United Way of Northern California – Shasta County Fire Fund (serving Carr and Delta Fire survivors who lost homes by helping to finance immediate needs)
- Shasta Regional Community Foundation – provides two funding opportunities for Carr and Delta Fire survivors:
- NorCal CRT Fund (a community-based long-term recovery group set up to help with unmet recovery needs in the community). Donate online: www.shastarcf.org/funds/norcal-crt
- Community Disaster Relief Fund (for non-profit emergency relief agencies helping Carr and Delta Fire survivors). Donate online: www.shastarcf.org/funds/cdrf
- Checks can be mailed to: Shasta Regional Community Foundation, 1335 Arboretum Drive Suite B, Redding, CA 96003 – reference NorCal CRT or CDRF.
- Salvation Army – Care for Carr
- American Red Cross (for all fire survivors)
- Monetary donations can be made at: redcross.org.
- Or Text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- Shasta College Foundation – Student Fire Relief Fund (for Carr Fire survivors)
- Monetary donations can be made online at: www.gofundme.com/shasta-college-student-fire
- Checks can be mailed to: Shasta College Foundation, PO Box 496006, 11555 Old Oregon Trail, Redding, CA 96049-6006. Add “Student fire relief fund” to the memo line.
- Haven Humane Society – sheltered animals during Carr Fire, providing lost and found services along with pet supplies.
- Monetary donations can be made online at: havenhumane.org/donate-volunteer. Click Donate button at top right.
- Northern Valley Catholic Social Service – offering a variety of services for fire survivors such as mental health support and help with unmet needs.
- Monetary donations can be made online at: nvcss.org
- Shasta Youth Alliance – distributes furniture, household items, toiletries, bedding, gift cards, gas cards and other items to those affected the Carr or Delta Fire.
- Accepting donations of new and gently used items and gift or gas cards (no more clothing) at 8031 Eastside Road, Redding (Distribution Center), Wed and Sat 10am-2pm. See website: www.shastayouthalliance.org.