DELTA FIRE – GENERAL INFORMATION
The Delta Fire started at Delta/Vollmers Road and I-5, two miles NW of Lakehead Wednesday afternoon (9/5/18).
- All remaining Evacuation orders/advisories were lifted as of 12noon Sunday, 9/16.
- Air quality and safety tips: 211norcal.org/caution-urged-with-wildfire-smoke
Find official information at:
- Shasta-Trinity National Forest website: inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/6191/
- Public Information Line: 530-498-0953 (hours 8am-10pm)
Informational news, websites and social media links:
- krcrtv.com, www.facebook.com/KRCR7
- carrfirerecovery.org, www.facebook.com/CarrFireRecovery/
FIRE VICTIM ASSISTANCE:
- People who find themselves displaced or evacuated from their homes due to the fire should first contact the Red Cross. The Red Cross will help set up a claim and direct to programs that can help in this time of need. Call 844-236-0153. Or drop-in to their office at 3609 Bechelli Ln, Suite I, Redding, Mon, Wed, Fri 10am-4pm.
- For information about FEMA, food, clothing and other items for evacuees, please check resources at this page: 211norcal.org/resources-for-evacuees
What to take with you when you evacuate (time permitting):
- Your identification
- Your medications/prescriptions
- Phone charger
- Any important documents you might have or need (birth certificates, marriage certificates, insurance policies etc.), along with photos/albums
- Any emergency supplies you need, including 3 days’ supply of food and water
- Battery powered radio and batteries
- Change of clothes and toiletries
- Pets and pet supplies
In addition, be sure to decide on a meeting place for family members should you get separated.
- Find additional ideas regarding how to prepare for wildfire (before, during and after) HERE.