News Release (4/5/18): CAL FIRE will be constructing a fuel break and conducting a prescribed burn operation starting April 9, 2018 and continuing through the spring of 2019. The proposed fuel break and pile burning will be conducted as a unified project with Fruit Grower Supply Company. The fuel break known as the Johnson Park Community Fuel Break extends from Hwy 299E at the CAL FIRE station to the North end of Johnson Park.
- Contact persons: Peter Feller, Burney Area Forester (530) 448-2499
Brian Noel, Battalion Chief (530) 335-2203
- Descriptive Location for burning: Immediately west of Johnson Park and North of the
town of Burney.
- Legal Location: T35N, R3E. Section 4, 9 and 10
- Total acreage: 43 acres (Approximately 500 piles)
- Planned ignition: April 9, 2018 through spring 2019
- Duration of ignition: Dependent on weather and burn day status
- Duration of smoke production: Dependent on weather and burn day status
- Estimated direction of smoke travel: Primarily North to northeast
- Communities or Smoke Sensitive Areas: Burney and Johnson Park